There are so many unique and interesting wedding dress trends this year! It can be overwhelming if you’re searching for the perfect style! I’m sharing a few of the top trends today, and letting you in on what what you can expect to see at White Weddings this season.
1. Shaped Trains - From scalloped lace edges to pointed laser cut insets, shaped trains are giving us all the drama in 2020.
2. Luminous Detail - A new trend we’re seeing more and more of is luminous detail. Not all over heavy bling, but delicate light catching sparkle like our sparkle tulle gowns or those dotted with clear sequins. This effect is often achieved through
layered fabrics with varying elements of sparkle.
3. The Plunge Neckline - We’ve been seeing this trend for a while now but it has stolen the show in 2020. While this isn’t for the ultra modest bride, it’s also not as revealing as its name may allude to. The skinny plunge is dominating the runway, giving just a hint of sexy to traditional bridal style.
4. Modern Clean Fabrics - Meghan Markel got it right in her silk Givenchy gown! Brides across the pond, and across the planet for that matter, are opting for clean simplistic fabrics like duchess Meghan donned. Clean and simplistic fabrics like crepe, mikado, and dove satin are a few of our favorites.
5. Layered Lace - Lace will always be a top bridal pick, but by layering various laces in one gown designers have created unique modern pieces like we’ve never seen before. Many of which have a boho look and feel by incorporating traditional Chantilly laces with bold cotton lace.
6. Side Cutouts - Placement of side cutouts at the waist is a trend we’ve loved for a few seasons. The newest take on this look is a cutout under the arm. This peek-a-boo cutout is typically lined in sheer fabric to maintain structure in the bodice while allowing for a hint of sexiness.
7. Cathedral Veils - There really is no other time in a woman’s life when she gets to adorn herself with something so dramatic as a veil. And why not go all out? Our dear friend Meghan may have had something to do with this trend as well. But can you blame brides and designers for following suit and wanting to create a breathtaking moment when a bride steps into a room? We’ve also seen celebrities like Priyanka Chopra (Jonas) and Hailey Baldwin (Bieber) make statements in cathedral veils recently.
So whether you're ready to dive into the most daring trend, or just add a touch of something modern to your classic bridal look, we have all the trends you're looking for in 2020. We can't wait to help you find the perfect style for your wedding day!